Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rome II

My last morning at Camping Tiber. I went into the city and checked in the backpack at the Termini train station.






Finally, I get in!





















A couple of the displays in the museum inside the Colosseum.









Once I was out of the Colosseum, I walked over to the Palantine Hill, a group of ruins that include a village, a palace, and temples.



These guys were marching around for most of the day.









Palatine Hill












Temple dedicated to Nero, inside you can watch segments of movies with him in it, they were pretty funny, as he was pretty crazy...



Temple of the Vestal Virgins





















Monuemento a Vittorio Emanuel II






A view from the top









This is the entrance to the Basilica S. Cosma E Damieno, which is also on the other side of the temple of Nero. You can actually look down into the ruins from the main room of the church. The rooms are only separated by glass.









The glass divider, on the other side is nero's temple.



Assassins Creed gameplay: Sneak up on the enemy by disguising yourself as a statue!






One last look, then I picked up my backpack at the station and headed to a new campground (I liked camping Tiber but they were booked for the night), which is just outside of the city, by the coast.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment