Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bogota - La Calera





The Monday I got back to Bogota, my cousins had a long weekend, or "puente", because it was the celebration day of St. Paul. Jose Armando, Erika, Jon, and I drove up to La Calera, which is basically a drive through "el campo" of the mountains above the valley of northern Bogota.
We stopped to take pics at a lookout point. Later we had lunch at a well known restaurant, called Tambor, where we ordered fritanga and refajo. Afterwards we continued to drive out until we reached the town of Sobo, before heading back. We made a quick stop at el Centro Centro de Santa Fe, which is either the first or second largest mall in South America! How about this for a great idea: there is an area in the massive underground parking lot where you can have your car washed as you shop.

Jose Armando shows us how it's done!












Our cousin Jon stopped by after dinner.



Primos!



Erika takes after her mother Ines and is a fantastic cook in her own right!



Futbol









A popular lookout point.






At El Tambor






Fritanga!






They don't hand out utensils here, just plastic gloves.



This drink is a combination of soda and beer.



Dessert



I had a wonderful time getting to know my cousins and am very grateful to them for welcoming me into their home. Hopefully they will be coming to S.F. soon and I can return the favor, although I can't guarantee as much expertise in the way of cooking :)






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment