Friday, July 8, 2011

Bogota - La Calendaria





After traveling all night from Bucaramanga on a bus, I took a taxi to my cousins' house in the northern neighborhood of Santa Barbara of Bogota.
I had breakfast with them and had plans to spend the day at the historic center of the city, La Calendaria and then up to Monserrate, a church that sits on the northern end of the city on top of a mountain...but instead I passed out for three hours! Sleeping on the bus was not always possible :)
Anyhow, I did make it to La Calendaria for a few hours.

First stop, Museo de Botero. I love how Botero's chubby subjects always seem so proud and dainty.


Dali





Picasso
























The Liberator, Simon Bolivar



Maneula Sanz, the "liberator of the Liberator"



Plaza de Bolivar






Haha there have been so many times on this trip that the dignity of a statue has been robbed by a stubborn pigeon that just won't budge.









The house of Manuela Sanz, which is now a museum displaying traditional costumes of the region.


















My generous and fun hosts, cousin Erika and Jose Armando.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment