Monday, March 14, 2011

Walking around London with a local

...or at least a transplant who knows his way around! Su, a friend back home, put me in touch with Phil, who offered to show me around for the day. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and real trooper who put up with my endless picture taking and answering all sorts of questions. Here are some of my favorites of the day...







Comic book store:



Lone Wolf and Cub


















One of the Aussies at the hostel says this is a fantastic show



St. James



Millennium Bridge leading to the Tate Modern


The gray pebbles below are actually ceramic hand made sunflower seeds



On the way to the market






Some of the stinkiest cheese ever, you could smell it long before you ever saw it













Victorian Toilets



















With Phil, at Hyde Park














Anish Kapoor's open air Turning the World Upside Down exhibit, comprised of four reflective installations:









Can you see me taking the pic :)



Another interesting tube station mosaic:



We topped off the day with some incredible Indian food...thanks again Phil!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment