Friday, March 11, 2011

Back to London

After settling back into St.Christopher's Inn..I decided I would take time to walk through some of the neighborhoods I had missed before, a lot of walking.I visited the British Museum (filled with rare but basically looted artifacts from all over the British Empire), Coventry Garden, Soho, Leicester Square,and then back to the National Gallery. At one point, I just happened to walk onto a street that is known for selling and buying rare old books. It's called Cecil Corner...and I found a 1898 edition of Charles Dickens Martin Chuzzlewit for 2 pounds! Also found a fantastic leather purple mini for 10 pounds...but passed. Below are some pics from the last two days, including the trip back from Edinburgh, on the east coast of England.

The Castle Rock Hostel, how can you say no to a kitten? You can't - genius!






Sally and Liz, two fellow travelers from home just about to head out to the highlands, lucky ladies!



Six months in one backpack...



Half Aussie, half Irish..ALL energy! Sinead had loads of tips for the novice traveller, including how to get by on boxed wine, olives, and cheese in Spain!






The British Museum



















































What?! I walked it off, believe me :)



Just like home:









Seeing talented musicians perform at the Covent Garden Market place is common, I even heard an opera singer (the Royal Opera House faces the market place) right after this private performance:



Hmm looks like a good place to find some deals...








Haha perfect gift idea ;)



Even better!






Paella?








Incredible finds everywhere










This is actually my second visit, and it was amazing but no photos allowed :(





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Loving all your pictures and recaps! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah! These photos are awesome! :) looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt, Becky, I am having a great time, thanks and glad to hear you are enjoying the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to see the pics from London! =D You look great! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete