Saturday, March 19, 2011

Erin, Bath, Harrods, and Billy Elliot


I have been so busy the last few days that I haven't had time to post, check FB, or respond to emails. The last few days, as best as I can remember:
Erin, a friend from Texas, flew in to join me for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, she had a cold, so we kept it low key. On her first day here, we headed out to Bath. Bath has the remnants of a bath houses that date back from the time of the Romans in Britain. For the last three hundred years it has also been a popular destination for the upper crust of British society. We were only there for the day, and aside from the Roman baths, we visited the Fashion Museum (filled with fashions from the last 400 years), and the local Abby.
The next day we checked out more of London. We had lunch at Harrods and that night went to see Billy Elliot, a fantastic musical at the Victoria Palace...
Yesterday more museums and landmarks. Today we are heading out to Paris in a Eurostar high speed train!
Waiting for Erin, trying out the new camera (I dropped and destroyed the one I brought with me)


Sandra, an industrial design student from Rotterdam


On our way to Bath


Bath


Erin takes in the sights


So much to do in such a small town




























Nice hair!










The oldest dress in the museum, a girl's dress from the 1600's


Ridiculous!


Too much work, even for me












If you look closely, I am at the base of the pillar... and it was actually broken in half to fit in the room, the other half is in the foreground! This exhibit is at the Victoria and Albert Museum, and looks like something out of Indiana Jones...






Windows at Harrods





















Not today











































Residence of the Prime Minister







































































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment